I wanted to thank everyone again for including me on this. I love this book and I love talking about this book. The only thing I love more than talking about it is hearing other people talk about their thoughts on it.
The best part for me is this was the direction I was heading anyway. As Kim said, this is the philosophy behind yoga, and so many spiritual teachings. I just couldnt put it all together. Now I find the frustration of trying to name it or find my niche was part of the problem.
To me, the best part is that the spiritual teachings of the great prophets and leaders make so much more sense. I now love Jesus talking about the lillies of the field. I love that Tolle uses a flower as a great thing to focus on to appreciate beauty and beingness.
I have been working on my beingness and rereading this book now for about 6 months. I have to tell you, the most frustrating part was when I was aware of the ego, trying to fight it...making it wrong. Which, being a person of peace; is irony in itself. As Tolle says, "whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists". I just stopped trying to hurry the process and became aware of the Ego. The great thing is, it does start to go away. Just by awareness; Ego starts to choke and suffocate.
Every day I enjoy being more and more. Several days ago I sat on my balcony and watched the tree bend and sway with the wind. I cant tell you the peace I felt when I just enjoyed it and stopped thinking about it. For over 20 years I have meditated (or tried to!) and suffered from racing thoughts and what I called dysfunctional focus. It is so much easier now.
I once had a professor who told me yoga, meditation and an good red wine will extend your life by 20 years.
Amen to that Professor Israel!!!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing, Lou. You played a big part in getting me to read this book and I thank you for that, as well.
I look forward to your hearing your thoughts and also bouncing my ideas off you as we continue this journey.
Post a Comment