Sunday, June 29, 2008
Happy Belated Posting!
There are many "things" I enjoyed about Possible Side Effects aside from his quirky stories making me laugh when I probably should have been crying!!! Here is a list of my favs:
* His love for the truth and nothing but! I can "honestly" say I have never read a book by an author who wasn't afraid to get naked for his readers
* The way he finds humor in the incidentals of life (good OR BAD)
* His love of dogs
* His unconditional love for Dennis
"Happily, GLEEFULLY, would I live in dire poverty with him, if it meant we got to live to each be one hundred years old. The next morning, a tree could fall on top of our cardboard box and crush us both to death at the same instant. Bliss"
...love in its purest form
* The ending of the book.."Oh," she said, smirking, and blowing a plume of smoke into the air. "Well, don't say anything hateful about me." "Don't worry," I said smiling. "I would never do that." Priceless.
All in all, I thought it was a good read. I found myself sharing Augusten's tribulations with my friends and family...always a good conversation starter :)
Excellent choice! I'm ready for the next book !!
Mental note to self: Contribute more to our discussions and not take so damn long doing it!!!
xo
NIColE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Nicole-
I am glad that you were able to post. I know that it is hard to have anything "extra" on your plate when you are taking classes. It is great having you as a member of this book club. I hope that you are able to have more discussions with the next novel. I am sure that we are going to have a lot more to say about the next one. :o)
Post a Comment