Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hello

Hello all-

I believe that we are all finished with "The Center of Everything." Like I mentioned several times before, the book was amazing. I was really able to connect with all of the characters in some way. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we are going to start reading "The God of Small Things" next week. Hopefully, we will all be able to get our hands on a copy of the book before then. I have read about 26 pages of the book. I am having a difficult time remembering the names of the characters and remembering who is doing what. I have been reading the book before bed and I don't think that that is the best time to read because I am sleepy. So, I am going to try to read a little more of the book when I am awake. lol. :o)

I would love to hear from anyone who has started to read the book.

I am going up north tomorrow and I will not be able to read/post/participate until Monday evening. I hope that all of you are having a great summer and I look forward to talking with you about the book.

Oh, I just have to say, we have a kid who is really emotionally impaired in my classroom and the other teacher in the room said that he had a lot of pain-body. I knew that she was a Tolle fan as soon as she said it! Hilarious!

~Erika

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Girls!

I did finish COE last weekend but never got around to posting about it again, but I loved the book and I was sad when it was over. I felt like I could have kept reading about Evelyn's life for a long time!

I haven't picked up the next book yet - I looked to see if it was at my local library but it is not. I will just have to go in there and have them order it for me, I'm sure. So, starting next week sounds good to me!

Lovin' books,
Kim

Kim said...

P.S. I love that the teacher referenced pain-body. I want to bring it up all the time to people, and I usually do. lol

Laura said...

Hey Ladies,

I've read 'The God of Small Things' before, but I am looking forward to reading it again. I really enjoyed it the first time around ;) Can't wait to see what you guys think . . . be prepared to be very emotional!!!

Laura